GRRRRRRR!!!

 I’ve been working here and there on Darth Maul’s face since winter break started, and decided to scrap what I had originally made to make a new one. Here’s the original flub:

it’s truly disgusting.

See how grotesque it is? It looks like the clown from the SAW movies with red and black detailing. Gross!

After inspecting my fail, I decided that I used the wrong hook (which is why the thing was as big as my own head) I was color changing wrong and I didn’t really think about what I was doing while making it. This time I’ve thought it through, am color changing correctly (I think?) and I’m using a much smaller hook, which produces much cleaner results 🙂

Here’s what I’ve got so far:

muuuch better.

I’m able to get a little more detail and sharpness in the lines about his face, all due to the smaller hook. The rest of the detailing will come with embroidery, as there’s no way to get such lines in color-changes.

The contours of the head and face are also
very nice this go ’round

Contour. This is something the original dearly lacked. It was really just a big ball with color changes that I stuffed and cinched to get somewhat of a face and produced a weird lumpy head and nasty, nasty face. This one looks much better 🙂 I’m hoping to finish the head by Friday. Woo!

Advertisements